Sunday, October 22, 2006

"A piece that would scare even me"

Yesterday, the Lemon Butter Club initiated and welcomed two new members in Sammy and Wil. As with most things we plan it is usually last minute, rushed and hilarious. We weren't quite sure who was going, the way it goes is that whoever shows up at Derrick's when it is time to go, goes.

The problem: Derrick's car has 8 seats. 9 people showed up...

Lemon Butter club (1)
So Berda squeezes between Hank and Sammy, giving Sammy the "legal" seat.
Lemon Butter club (3)
But try as they can, they just can't get the seat belt assignments right.

Lemon Butter club (4)
Lemon Butter club (5)
Once they finally settled in Sammy says, "Are we really doing this?" Uh, we're already on the road Sammy.
Lemon Butter club (6)
Lemon Butter club (7)
After a while things/people need to shift...
Lemon Butter club (8)
Until they finally settle into the next "comfortable"positions. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long.
Lemon Butter club (10)
And traffic was not cooperating at all...
But we finally got there and got into some serious eating. Wil and Sammy were being initiated so Hank and I put together their first platter of crabs.
Lemon Butter club (11)
They had no problems putting it away and the second one was also not a problem for them.
Lemon Butter club (14)
Members present: Hank, Berda, Derrick, Wil, Sammy, Grace, Tony, James and me (not shown, taking the picture).
Lemon Butter club (15)
Even with all that Sammy and Will still had more room for dessert.
Lemon Butter club (16)
hmmmmm...
Lemon Butter club (18)
Lemon Butter club (17)
At this point they were just showing off.

Before we headed back, Berda was not liking her last seat assignment so she upgraded to the sleeper car. Not bad, she had a room to herself, some pillows and still within slapping distance from James.
Lemon Butter club (21)

Oh, what did I eat? Well, I had "some" crabs of course, but at the prime rib bar, I asked the lady cutting up the meat to cut me up "A piece that would scare even me." So...
Lemon Butter club (12)
I don't know. Scary? It was a little intimidating but Scary? I don't think so...

Here's the seat belt video:


and the "falling of her seat" video:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you took that many pictures. And then videos too?!?!?! Aughhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I've been framed, I tell ya!!!!!!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I love your club, table fellowship at its finest.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, i thought this club was for the guys....i wanted in a long time ago, but no one seems to ever listen to me (yes I did ask way back when it first started!)....
:(
I want my crab and prime rib too!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hey who is gg? I don't have the latest code book.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home