Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Kogi Run

It wasn't planned! Really!

We already had dinner earlier and we were enjoying the movie Seven Pounds. I mentioned (as a joke at first) that the Kogi truck was nearby in Venice if anyone was still hungry or curious about KogiBBQ. Next thing I know everyone was in the van and I was driving! Mind you, I'm complaining, I am a big fan of the Kogi truck and their food!
The Brig is my favorite of the Kogi stops. The lines are not as insane as the other stops (been to four others) and I never had any problems finding a place to park. We made a couple of new friends while waiting in line.
New friends
John and Meg came all the way from the Rosemead area. It was their first time for Kogi but it was their second time in line when we met them. Berda wanted to take a picture of the group when I saw Meg warn John back when she saw we were trying to take a picture. I told them to get in the picture anyway. We were comparing notes on where to go for food. I found it hard to believe that we hadn't bumped into each other earlier, we went to a lot of the same places and I am not talking about chain restaurants.
Anyway, the SooHoos, Angela and Maria are no longer Kogi virgins.
Just as we got our food, I get a call for a to-go order! Wayne, you had better pick these burritos up tomorrow/today, cuz they might not last too long...

3 Comments:

Blogger Angel ABC said...

The last time you got excited about a food opportunity, I found myself in a line for Krispy Kreme.

Kogi sounds fun! A must-do when I'm in L.A. again.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Don't worry, this one won't involve wearing paper hats, unless of course you want to wear a paper hat.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's us! Hi Angel. That night was so much fun. It was great meeting you guys and sharing stories about our love for food. Hope to see you guys again soon!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home