Thursday, April 07, 2005

Wally Cleaver is a fake!

I have had this idea of what the duties of a "Big Brother" should involve, actually more to the point, MY duties as a big brother were. I have to admit, I really bought into (read: sucked in) all those "Brady Bunch" type shows, the After School Specials and other movies depicting big brother heroics. More often than not, I fell flat trying to live up to the more heroic examples/ideals that got in my head. As much as I wanted to, I was never anything like Wally Cleaver, Willis Drummond or that Charles in Charge guy. In fact most times, I was more like the Eddie Haskells or the bully. Those times never really lasted for too long, not because I wanted to do the right thing, but because when they got together, my sisters can really put one over me. Of the things they pulled over me, that they have admitted to now that we are older and more mature (hahahahaha!), leaves me shuddering and very embarrassed (they invented the first remote light switch).
Anyway, I love my sisters very much and there are times I wish I can do more for them.

My youngest sister's cancer got worse there's nothing I can do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home