Sunday, January 09, 2005

Good rain, Bad rain...

Riverbed Watch ~ (Good Rain)
I have been enjoying these storms!! Like I have said before, I love it when weather misbehaves! Unfortunately, some people just can't handle it. Since the rains started, I've been on "River Watch". But up until this morning, it was very low. Going to church this morning it was roaring!!! I pulled over and took a few pictures.
There is at least 15 feet of bridge support under all that water splashing around.



Then the road underneath the bridge became ... wet.



Here's another shot from the other side.



Driving around! ~ (still good rain, as far as I'm concerned)
Going to church



and another



I even enjoy driving in the rain. I was driving around when it was pouring down hard and the visibility was 10 feet. I was going to take a picture of that but that would have been a stupid picture. Nothing to see... hahaha.

Accident at the corner (Bad rain)
One of the bad things about these rains is that many people don't know how to deal with it. Case in point...
I'm not sure if you can see it but there is an overturned car in the middle of that intersection. Fortunately, the people in the car weren't hurt too bad. they seemed more shaken, one was standing later and the other was sitting on the ground until the ambulance took them to the hospital. One climbed into the ambulance.


Another storm is on the way after this one and the forecast said that the sun will come out... not tomorrow but Wednesday.

Chris is eating fish?
During lunch, Chris decided to try to eat some fish...

... maybe we should have given him a fork or something...

Well, stay safe out there everyone. I'm going outside to enjoy some rain before going to bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home