Monday, September 11, 2006

August Recap (part 1)

My summer classes were just winding down. By the second week I was collecting final projects from my students and getting ready turn in their grades. I like the summer classes because the projects that are turned in have more thought and work in them. So by the 9th of August classes were over.
Hank called a meeting of the Lemon-Butter Club.
Unfortunately, I also had to ride out with the Patriot Guard Riders for yet another military funeral, way too many of these things...
PGR for Sgt. Stephen Carpenter (49)

We also had a number of family get-togethers for visiting relatives.

Had a night out with some friends that I have not seen in a while. It is always good hanging out with them. We had dinner at Thai Palms for some Thai and Thai Elvis! There was some concern that Elen's friend, Carina, may have been scared off by our "antics" but she rolled with them.

Thai Palms (5)Thai Palms (3)

with James there is never enough food... after dinner we had planned to watch Psycho at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, but by the time we got there after dinner, it was soldout! Good thing I had a plan B, because I would never had heard the end of it from Ian if I didn't have a plan B.

So we ended up at the MOCA. It was the second time for me this summer. The first time I went was with my sister, Celia. If it is in Downtown LA, she can tell you everything that's going on and what to see and do. Walking to the car after leaving the MOCA, the Disney Concert Hall's last free tour of the night (11:30) was about to start so we took the tour.

After the tour, Ian once again asked me, "so what else is there to do?" So finished off the evening/morning at Carney's for some chili dogs...

I didn't do much for my birthday this year. I wasn't really in the partying/celebrating mood. I had also planned on going out of town, but a heavy school load changed that. So a friend and I just went out that night to shoot some pool and hang out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home