Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Photo project

Ok, so some of you have gotten an email from me asking for 2 words for a project I have coming up. I had gotten myself a new toy recently, a dslr, the Nikon D50. I've been having a lot of fun with this and I've been studying how to work the camera, though I am still trying to grasp the concept behind f-stop, aperture, etc. I've been taking a lot of pictures since I've gotten the camera but quite honestly, I am finding that I am starting to take some of the same things.

That's one of the reasons why I've been dragging James on these Saturday "Where do you want to go today?" trips. We flip a coin to determine north or south. I figure, if we keep going to different places, I would see something different each time. The thing is that's going to run out soon or we just have to keep going farther and farther... yeeeesh!

So, I've emailed a number of people some instructions to send me 2 words. For each day in June, I have to photograph what I feel best represents those words. So for the whole month of June, I will have a different photo each day with one of the words given to me. I am debating whether or not to randomly assign each word a day or just leave it open to what might I encounter during the day. I'll decide that tomorrow. I am still waiting on a few more words.

Some of the words people came up with are going to be difficult, though most are strange. The word association part really shows me that I have some friends with warped minds. But I am not changing or deleting any of the words given to me. If you guys want a copy of the list of words leave me a comment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I'd love to see the list.

If the coin ever leads you this far north, let me know.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angel~ I'm looking forward to see what you come up with. Yes, please include me with your list of words. This ought to be very interesting. Have a blessed day! And happy picture taking to you! Love, Berda

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angel and hey there Berda!

I'm interested in seeing the list, too. I'm into the strange and warped. :)
Congrats on trying to figure out the camera. I have a teeny tiny Canon Powershot and I'm really close to getting something with MORE POWER. Even if the owner's manual is two volumnes thick.
Carolyn

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home