Monday, March 16, 2009

Dad's operation

Some of you already know this for many of you this may be the first. My dad had an x-ray done a month ago and they found a spot in his upper left lung. A CT scan pretty much showed the same thing. Two weeks ago they did a biopsy and the doctors say that it looks like lung cancer though they still weren't a 100%. Regardless of whether it is cancer or not, they have to operate to remove the spot, which was around 2-3 cms.
He went into the hospital Thursday morning at 5:45 am and his surgery was scheduled for 7:45 am. The operation was to take 3 hours ended up taking a little over 4 hours. He came out of surgery at about noon today and woke up from the general anesthesia at 2:30 pm. The surgeon came out and told us that the surgery was a success and that they removed a little under half his left lung. They will be keeping my dad in the hospital for 7 days.

Update:
He has been having a bad reaction to the whole procedure in that he wakes up confused and disoriented. Most times he does not know where he is or why he is in the hospital. My family and I are taking turns staying with him in the hospital so he sees a familiar face whenever he wakes up.
Many have been calling asking how he is doing. Thank you for your concerns, well wishes and prayers. I will update here when I am able.
Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel ABC said...

I hadn't heard! All my support on his recovery ...

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home