Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fight for Air Climb

Fight for Air Climb
BACKGROUND:
I came across this event looking for marathons and similar activities that would help me get healthier and of course lose major "tonnage". I used to be a heavy (hahaha!) smoker, starting when I was in the 7th grade! I stopped smoking in 1999, when a dear friend told me that was what she wanted for her wedding gift! Believe me, I was already offering a complete kitchen Refrigerator, stove and microwave!
Luckily, I never developed any health problems from all those years but I do know others who weren't as lucky.
THE EVENT:
On April 24, 2010, I will climb 1,377 steps to the rooftop of downtown Los Angeles's Aon Center in the Fight for Air Climb to raise money for lung disease research and education.
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives, improve lung health and prevent lung disease. The American Lung Association is “Fighting for Air” through an integrated approach with advocacy, education and research. As one of the leading environmental health advocates, the ALA fights for commonsense policies to reduce both indoor and outdoor air pollution, address urgent public health issues like the asthma epidemic and spread of tuberculosis, and against the predatory tactics of Big Tobacco.
WHAT I NEED:
I need sponsors. If you would, follow the link at the end and sponsor me for the event, I would greatly appreciate it!

If you care to join me, there will be a street level party with food, entertainment, exhibitors, and much more! They say the climb can be done in 30 minutes! Anyone want to start a pool on how close I can get to that time?

Here is the link: Sponsor Me or here is the address: http://lafightforairclimb2010.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=327269&lis=0&kntae327269=8675DB43FD254C41B926CA42B3ECDE90

Thanks everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home