Monday, September 21, 2009

Where did the summer go?

There is no way I will be able to catch up on everything this summer. There was a lot of things that kept me busy and honestly, I was being very lazy.
I did have a board exam that took up a lot of tme as I was really worried about it. As it turned out ( I passed it by the way), it wasn't as difficult as I was led to believe but it wasn't as wasy as I had hoped. The test is actually in three parts and I have 2 more parts to go but I am not worried about the remaining parts.
It wasn't all studying though. There was time for fun too! My first darts hat trick!
hat trick

There were more Kogi Runs!
Allison, Rachel and Christopher
Allison, Rachel and Christopher were infected with the Kogi virus in July!

Christopher receives his Eagle Scout pin! He had asked me to be on the interviewing panel. His family was very proud!
Christopher and Family

Berda had some minor complication with her Breast cancer reconstruction that required her to return to the hospital for a few days in July. She is much better now!
Berda at the Hospital

Celia and Jim introduced me to this place just west of Egypt. It is a good thing that it is not very near or else I'll never lose the tonnage that I've been trying to lose! The thing is last time someone mentioned peaches the first thing that came to mind was not "Hmm peaches... fruit!" no it was more like, "hmm Peach donuts from Donut Man!" Well, we went...
Peach donut

cream cheese and strawberries
And yes those twists are that big! They're called Tiger tails!

Jim the Donut Man
I blame it on the full moon!

In August my cousin Joel performed with his kids Emma and Justin at Belmont Shores. They are members of the Le Polynesia Dance troupe.
Joel
Joel

Emma
Emma

Justin on drums
and Justin on drums!

My cousin, Amado called asking me if I wanted to check out his son's band, Silversun Pickups, at the San Diego Street Scene Festival. I was going to say no? Christopher had VIP passes waiting for us at the gate and I have to say, COOL!!
all access backstage pass

going on stage
Flava Flav getting ready to take the stage.

Flava Flav!!

Amado the proud dad!
On stage watching Silversun Pickups, Amado the proud father!

Christopher is just a blur
Christopher on drums just a blur!

On stage looking out at the crowd
The crowd rockin to the music of Silversun Pickups.

Thanks to Glenn, I was able to go to the D23 Expo in Anaheim!
D23 Expo

VoluntEARS
Plant a tree, get VoluntEARS hat!

Bumping into Eric
Bumping into Eric!

With an old favorite!
and an old favorite!

Ok that's definitely all but all for now. There was a time when I was considering ending this, I guess I just needed a break. See you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home