Friday, April 02, 2010

Fight For Air Update

Training update

Well, there are only 3 weeks left for my Sky scraper Climb! I’ve been steady with my training for this and I have to admit it hasn’t been easy! The main thing that has been keeping me going is all your generosity! I’ve raised my donation goal 3 times just to keep up with all of you! To date, I’ve raised over $800 with only 19 sponsors! I’ve also gotten tons of emails and texts of support and “atta boys!” that spurs me on.

Last Wednesday, I was able to do 690 steps (which would put me between the 32nd and 33rd floors) in 45 minutes. At least a third of that was going back down the steps (longest stairs I could find are the steps at Bluff Park in Belmont Shores with 69 steps).
1 of 5
So, I’m thinking that I should be able to get to the roof of the Aon Building in 1.5 hours (I’m taking in consideration more breaks as I get higher).

The Fight for Air Climb will be taking place on April 24th. The first set of climber will start at 9am and the last set will start at 12. There will be a Post Climb Festival at street level with “for a fun celebration with food, entertainment, exhibitors, and much more!” So, if you can join me there for the party/celebration it would be fantastic! Don’t forget to bring an oxygen canister for me!
The event address is:
Aon Building
707 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Corner of Wilshire Bl. and Hope St.


See you all there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home