Saturday, March 20, 2004

Able To Catch Up

Cornerstone had a seminar for their Sunday school teacher and soon to be teachers. It was very informative. I had thought it was going to be more instructional, something I could always use more of. I make it very clear that I need to know/learn more. It never seems I know enough to answer all the questions I have rattling around in my head.
Today's seminar was more in the inspire, up-lift, general "you ought'a do this/ you ought'a know that" and basically a "rah-rah" type seminar. There is nothing wrong with that, I even got a few "rahs" in there.
I don't really need the "rah-rah-rahs". I consider myself passionate and excited about teaching Sunday school. My problem is that, I have the drive but I lack the knowledge. I don't have the background as a lot of the others at Cornerstone. I was raised catholic and after Catechism, (Catholic Sunday school) which lasted up to my 9th grade of high school, I no longer had the bible studies and it was not impressed upon me to go read the bible. Now, I always feel I am always trying to catch up. No matter how much I study, read or listen in on different discussion on this or that particular passage, there are these "holes" that I can't seem to fill.
So, I basically read, listen and pray in the hopes that one day I will be able to catch up.

Song of the Day: "Running Out Of Days" by 3 Doors Down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home