Saturday, March 13, 2004

Gas Prices

I was filling up at a gas station this morning. I was not particularly paying attention to the guages so when the pump clicked off telling me my tank was full (or almost full, I admit I tend to top it off = habit), I put the pump back and saw that a full tank for my car cost $25 dollars! I thought "Whoa!! Did I just fill up my car with SUPER DUPER unleaded by mistake?" I looked back to make sure and no, it was regular unleaded. I took a closer look and I realized that the price was at $2.30 a gallon! Have I been this out of touch with this whole gas price thing? My car is somewhat gas economical, I get about 35 miles per gallon and if the wind helps and it is all downhill, I can get about 37 miles per gallon. Still, I was starting to get a little outraged at how fast the gas prices have been going up. I was just about at the height of my anger when I saw the line of SUVs behind me and at the other pumps. I debated whether or not to stick around and see how much it would cost to fill up one of those monsters, but I did not want to invest that much tim eon a curiousity, I had places to go and better things to do.
I wonder how the people and companies that drive big rigs are handling this situation? I bet that the independent trucker are really being hit hard by the gas prices too. I don't think the price for diesel have stayed the same.
I guess, I am not so bad off after all compared to others...

I think I'll start using the motorcycle now...

Song of the Day: "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home