Sunday, March 14, 2004

Sleep... I Need Sleep

As I was leaving for the evening's festivities last night, I received a call from a friend from church asking if I can play with the worship team for today's service. That meant that I had to be at church around 9 am. I knew it was going to be a pretty late night and an early morning, but I said yes. I knew I was going to pay for it... little did I know.

Last night ended about the time, I thought it would end (I got home at 4:00 am).
I knew that if I went to sleep I was not going to get up or be able to get up, so I stayed up and did a few things around the house. I was able to shower and shave (leisurely, tell me when any one of us have been able to do that), have a little breakfast (a grapefruit) and read a little of the Sunday paper (though, I was still the last one to arrive...). We had our pre-service rehearsal and things were going alright. I was a little tired but no worse than any other Sunday morning.

A half hour before service started I get a call from my sister reminding me that the family was meeting for lunch for our cousin's birthday. I guess that's when the fatigue kicked in. I knew I was going to the lunch, I was not about to miss this lunch for my cousin. She is one of my favorite cousins and I don't see her enough so off I went.

Again, I was the last one to arrive. Turns out my cousin's brother and wife were in town from Florida. They have this annoying habit of not telling anyone they are coming and just suddenly show up at get togethers. Well, they had two surprises for everybody. Turns out they had moved back to California and that his wife is 6 months pregnant. Well, so the get together went into overtime.

It was great having everyone over but every so often I kept sneaking off for 5 minute sprint naps...

So now everyone is gone. It was a great day... WHAT AM I STILL DOING UP?!!
g'night all!

Song of the Day: "Hole In My Head" by The Dixie Chicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home