Thursday, September 09, 2004

Good ending to a terrible day

The day started so bad that it seemed like it could only get better... boy was I so wrong. I woke up and the ankle I twisted last Sunday, playing beach volleyball, was still sore and now very swollen. Once wrapped up, and cane in hand, I go to work (yay...). An hour after getting to work, things really started to go wrong. Things got heated. I can't understand how some people can collect their paychecks knowing they did not earn it. Has their sense of entitlement gotten so out of whack that they feel they deserve it just by showing up?
Then when I do their work for them I get slapped with a grievance letter from their union saying I shouldn't be doing "their" work? What the...?

Thankfully, the day ended on a good note. I met up with Hank just before 6:00pm, we went to see a band called The Answer at the last evening of the City of Bellflower Street Fest. There was a lot more people this time around (we saw another band there earlier in the summer) and saw some people from the last time we were there. We had a pretty good dinner at Johnny Rebs and then watched the rest of the bands show. There were a lot of people dancing in the street and for the most part it was comical, but a couple caught my attention. There was this fairly young man (I would say in his late 20's) in a wheelchair dancing with his wife or girlfriend. I am not exaggerating when I say that he was better than most other guys I've seen with use of both their legs. He was leading his partner through the dances and doing it very well. I can only hope to get as good as him... gotta find a partner to practice with soon. Ugh, another worry...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home