Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jingle Bell Sing

I was not sure whether or not to blog about this before or after it took place, but I guess I am a little more comfortable with it now, so here goes. I wanted to do something different this Christmas season and I got this email from the Music Center back in early November for poeple to join the Jingle Bell Sing Choir.
I went ahead and attended the first meeting and before I knew it, I became one of 12 men in a 200+ choir that will be "spreading good cheer" throughout downtown Los Angeles the whole month of December.
They asked for amateurs, but many of these people in the group are far from being amateurs. One big clue was that many of them pulled pitch pipes out of their pockets at the first note of the first rehearsal. Then after the first song, a question was asked, "At the first stanza did you want that phrase legato?" My head was doing the "windshield wiper" thing looking for the nearest exit and that voice in my head screaming, "What the hell have you gotten us into?!!!" Yes I have one or two of those voices in my head and yes they only talk to me.
It has been a whole month of rehearsals and I am still nervous as I am still way out of my element, but I've found a few of the real amateurs in the group and we've banded together in our insecurities and formed a support group.
Jingle Bell Sing
Click on the picture for the larger size.
Anyway, we will be performing at the Music Center Plaza, Friday, December 22. We will be there from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm. It is free because that's the only way people might show up (ba bum bum) and they will be giving hot chocolate to the first 200 people who show up. You know what that means right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home