Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 8 of 52

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd


"If I leave here tomorrow,
Would you still remember me?"


I saw this at the base of a tree by a river during my failed Mission: MASH trek. It was at the Malibu Creek State Park. I was wondering not so much why someone would do this but how? The person must have planned on doing this, I don't see it as a "Oh look fresh cement! Let's write Lynyrd Skynyrd on it!" opportunity. Then there's the cement. The person had to bring their own cement. How many people do you know, when going to a state park for hiking, picnic, day out or whatever reason would by chance have a bag of cement in their trunk?
The only other explanation would be the people who worked there did this. Which would mean that the rangers working to preserve our parks are closet graffiti vandals themselves?
I wonder if there are similar cement art in Yosemite, Yellowstone or Mount Rushmore. I would like to see "Ozzy" scrawled in cement somewhere near Abraham Lincoln's ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home