Thursday, February 07, 2008

52 Weeks of Music Project

I had a project that I've started for the new year and I've just realized how difficult it is going to be to keep it current. My first one fell short of completion, so am trying very hard to stay on it.

The Project:
I'm tying in photographs I've taken to songs (either the title or the lyrics). The main problem is I will be in a mood and I won't have a photo for it. Worse yet, is having a photo but I won't have a song for it. Music don't come to mind as easily as some people I know, who are walking music libraries.

I've decided that the photos I use has to be taken at that particular week, which forces me to get out there each week and capture something. Anyway, here are the photos so far.

Week One: Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore
Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore

"Used to be so easyto give my heart away
But I've found out the hard way
there's a price you have to pay
I found that love
was no friend of mine
I should have known
time after time
So long, it was so long ago
but I've still got the blues for you..."

Week Two: Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads
Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads
"We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to
nowhere
We'll take that ride
I'm feelin' okay this mornin'
And you
know,
We're on the road to paradise
Here we go, here we go..."

Week Three: Heavy Clouds No Rain by Sting
Heavy Clouds No Rain by Sting

"The sun won't shine till the clouds are gone
The clouds won't go till their work is done
And every morning you'll hear me pray
If only it would rain today ..."

Week Four: Sitting In the Park by Billy Stewart
Sitting In the Park by Billy Stewart

"Sitting here on the bench
With my back against the fence
Wonderin'-a-if I
Have any sense ..."

Week Five: Follow the Yellow Brick Road
Off To See the Wizard


For some reaso this song came to my head when I took this picture...

"Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

We're off to see the Wizard,
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz!
If ever a Wiz! there was.
If ever oh ever a Wiz!
there was The Wizard of Oz is one
because,Because, because, because, because, because.
Because of the wonderful things he does.
We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of
Oz."

I guess we'll see what next week brings...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Happy Chinese New Year of the Rat! Look for Chuck, Connor and my parents at the parade.

You'll have to teach me some camera tricks, I don't want to read the manual.

Carolyn

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home