Monday, April 06, 2009

Dad's Birthday Party and Late Present

Dad is recovering from his lobectomy very well. He has been home for a couple of weeks and he has a hospital bed at home and is no longer on opiate-based pain medications. The pain is lessening in intensity if not frequency but he is managing it well.
Last Saturday was his birthday and we weren't sure if he was going to be up for a party or visitors for that matter so it was pretty much up in the air. Mom was going to be gone for the weekend at a church retreat. I told her that she should go and I'll take care of dad.
Wednesday, I asked dad if he would be up for the cousins and the kids coming over Saturday for his birthday. It was very last minute so I wasn't sure if people would be able to show up on short notice. I just called/emailed Celia, Jim, James I & II and the cousins to see if a get-together was do-able. By Friday, we all had it all planned out. I tried a new pork loin roast recipe that I have been wanting to try; Celia made her famous, at least it is now, mochi cupcakes, cousin Aurora had her patented pancit malabon, cousin Johana brought more pilipino food & a fudge oatmeal dessert and James brought HIS cranberries juice.
I had so much going on that I did not even think of taking one picture! Talk about busy! But it was a lot of fun!

Cancer Free Gift
This morning, dad got a late present. We learned from his Uncologist that he did not have any trace of cancer in him. He isn't going to need any chemo nor radiation treatments! He needs to go back in 3 months for follow up tests (x-ray, CT scan, blood work, etc) but for the most part he is "good to go"!

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. It has been difficult for all of us and we, I would not have been able to get through this the way I have without your help and prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Penelope Bullock said...

This is so great to hear! Thanks for sharing the good news =]

8:36 AM  
Blogger Angel ABC said...

Great to hear your dad is doing better. I got his thank you card the other day ...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home