Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Tuesday, Once More

I heard a call, but there was no sound. I turned my head to the right as if there was an explosion, but there was no immediacy in my action. In fact, I was moving in slow motion compared to everything and everybody around me.

SHE came by today. I really didn't think she was going to show. I thought of every conceivable reason she might have for not being able to come by and I was really doing a great job of convincing myself that any of them were valid. Then there she was, just like that. I turned around and there she was, even earlier than before.
WE spoke of common interests - WE have common interests!
WE spoke of common goals - WE have common goals!
WE talked about similar situations - yes... WE have similar situations...
WE talked about... - What am I thinking? WE talked!
I asked her what she had done the past weekend - she stayed in to do some studying.
I asked her if the boyfriend had planned anything nice for this coming weekend...

She said, "What boyfriend?, I don't have a boyfriend!"

I'm pretty sure at that declaration, I excused myself and did a couple mental cartwheels and more than a few "whoooooopies!". Now this is where it kind of gets cloudy, but I am pretty sure I was doing that male cheering motion of pumping my arms back and cheering "yes, yes, yes!" repeatedly. Which wouldn't have been such a bad thing if SHE wasn't right behind me...

I'm off to a good start...

Song of the Day: "100 Ways" by James Ingram

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home