Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Oh...uh, hi!

I had an IN-credible conversation today. It was full of trivial questions, trivial answers, uneasy moments of silence and repeated "ums" and "uhs". It was constantly being interrupted and clumsily restarted. There was redundancy, repetition and oh yeah, did I mention redundancy? I was clever, insightful, interesting, pithy, witty and wise. I was in the most perfect place a person could be and I had to fight the urge to run as far and as fast as I can to anywhere and everywhere BUT there. Of the conversation I do not remember any of it, what I do remember is that:

She wanted to say "hi". Her hair comes down straight and curls in at the end, surrounding her face and drawing you in.
She wanted to say "hi". She looks right at you as she speaks and keeps eye contact, as if breaking it would cause harm.
She wanted to say "hi". She acknowledges your comments with her whole body.
She wanted to say "hi". She has a tiny speck of brown below her left eye.
She wanted to say "hi". She smiles with her entire face.

She wanted to say "hi". With heels on, we are the same height.

Another thing I remember from the conversation and it brings excitement and dread, she promised to visit again next week...

Song of the Day: "The Very Thought Of You" by Tony Bennet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home