Sunday, February 01, 2004

Training Wheels

A parent was walking alongside a child riding a bike with training wheels got me to thinking of my training wheel days. For the longest time I dreaded taking those training wheels off. I got comfortable with them and I did not want to leave the safety and reassurance it represented.
It got me to thinking about all the different kinds of training wheels I've had in my life and the ones I still use. My ventures into the "dating world" has not been going well. Putting aside the difficulties in meeting single women of my age group, I can't rely on others to bring me to them (or them to me for that matter). I enjoy spending time with my friends, but I'm afraid I am using them as training wheels of sorts. Instead of seeing them in the role of the training wheels, maybe I can have them take on the role of the nervous parent running alongside the bicycle making sure that I don't crash and burn and become horribly disfigured both physically and mentally and ... uh, too far? Dating sucks.

Song of the Day: "Love Won't Let Me Wait" by Luther Vandross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home