Saturday, February 14, 2004

Valentine's Day Heartaches, part I

I had been scribbling her name on every page of my notebook for days, no for weeks. I made sure that I ate lunch at a table across from her and completely ignored her even though I didn't. I had been saving up my allowance for three weeks so I can get her an AWESOME Valentine's Day gift. I had dragged my mom to one of the biggest stores on the island and spent the whole morning looking, searching for the perfect gift. I thought I had found it in a monstrousity of a musical bird cage that played the theme song from the Love Story. I gave it to her on Valentine's Day which was on a school day. It was nicely wrapped (I had the store wrap it), I waited for the right moment and I had a little "I hope you like it" speech. She took a look at the box and gave me a smile, then she saw the card...
I misspelled her last name and well it came out spelling something though not really bad, it wasn't nice. She must have thought I did it on purpose, because she wouldn't take the gift, never even opened it. All I knew was that she didn't like me all that much after that.
That was in the 4th grade...

Song of the Day: "Lonely People" by America

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home