Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Who Are You Trying To Fool?

I had a little too much fun with a vegetarian the other day. Normally, I wouldn't be so much of a... hmm what's the word I'm looking for... jerk? Ok, that's being nice. But in my defense the "veggie boy" started it. All I did was sit down to eat my lunch (Mongolian beef with a little noodle) and next thing I know I'm getting "How can you do that to yourself?" "A living breathing animal died for your lunch, how does that make you feel?" and "You should be ashamed." That last one pretty much ruined an otherwise nice lunch break. I could have moved elsewhere, but I wanted to mess with "veggie boy" for messing with my lunch break enjoyment... heh heh heh...
So I asked "Garbanzo Guy" if the reason why he became a Broccoli Buddy is that he had an aversion to eating meat or to the thought of eating meat. He gave such a trite "both" answer that I wanted to slap him around with his own answer... oh wait... I did! I asked him what he was eating - garden burger. I asked him in a roundabout way if he has ever tried the soy bacon - he has and likes them.
I can understand if the decision to not eat meat was based on a type of protest, protest against the treatment of animals, the free range question or protest against the war in Ireland - any reason of principles. In the case of "carrot chum", the reasons he gave were basically to deny himself meat and be a snob to people who aren't "Celery munchers". If he is such the "peas pal" then why was he eating so many things that remind him of meat? That's just dumb!
Well, I WAS holding back too, I didn't have a lot of time for lunch after all... heh heh heh.

Song of the Day: "Head Games" by Foreigner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home