Monday, March 22, 2004

I'm Going To Miss Her

Someone came by my desk at the college today and told me that a mutual friend had died of pneumonia 2 weeks ago.

Her name was Nancy. She was confined to a wheel-chair. I never learned why and I never bothered to ask. It didn't seem important. She didn't seem isolated to the wheel-chair, not in the way that it kept her from doing things, seeing people, going places. She used to tell me stories of trips to dance clubs with friends and relatives, trips to different states and countries, or just going to the beach or the park. She always had a smile, even when she was not feeling well or mad, angry, disappointed or just "blah" -- she always had a smile.
Every once in a while I forget that she is in a wheel-chair. I grew to care for her and value her a good friend. We confided with each other about many things, sought each other's advice and shared goofy thoughts.
I really enjoyed our conversations... I'm going to miss her.

Song of the Day: "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" by Bill Withers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home