Thursday, April 01, 2004

Pity, Fear And Rage

Fallujah
Silent rage. I pray for people who are capable of such acts. I pray that they find the peace they need. They must have so much hate in them. I pray that such vehemence never crosses my path, I would be afraid of what would happen if I did something to stop it or ashamed if I didn't.

I like to think I am a very open minded person. But when I go out with family and friends, I find myself looking around checking out the crowd and the surroundings, then asking myself the "what if... " question. Not that I would know what to look for other than the obvious "person with a gun" or a big sign over a bomb that says "bomb".

Before I can go on with the rest of the day, I have to get rid of this anger. I won't be any good to anyone fuming like this. I want to scream, I want to yell. I want to ask those who did this "why?" I want to walk up to the people who did this and yell out "what did those people do to you that called for such an act?" I want to run through that town and scream at the top of my lungs, "How can you let people do this?!" Who am I kidding? I'll admit it, in a way... I want revenge.

Song of the Day: "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home