Friday, June 17, 2005

Cliff died

I found out recently that one of my classmates from high school died last month. Though we weren't that close in high school, we were friends. Which is really saying a lot because I didn't really have a lot of friends in high school. I was one of the first visibly "darker shade" students and I got into a lot of "arguments" my first two years of high school.
Now, Cliff Becker was a nice guy. I remember him being funny and letting everyone in on the "joke." I remember his girlfriend as one of the nicest girls in high school. Couldn't say anything bad about Tina Ippolito (I wonder how she's doing?).
Anyway, I lost touch with Cliff after graduation. Our friendship never really got to the "Keep-In-Touch" stage. Though our younger sisters were in the same class and sort of kept in touch.
Cliff did pretty well for himself. Read here.

Cliff's death got me thinking. I haven't been in the best of health lately. Wednesday was the second anniversary of my heart attack. As far as I'm concerned I'm still trying to recupe from that. I've got a packet in my chest that is supposed to give me a "jolt" if my heart ever stops. I know this line of thinking isn't doing me any good. I guess I'm just a little sad and a little scared.


2 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

happy second anniversary! i didn't realize it had been that long. i could've baked you a cake in the shape of a heart.

i was sad to see that cliff died, i'll have to call his sister janet and offer my condolences.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angel,

I was just googling myself (conceited, I know) and found your post about Cliff's death, and your sweet comment about me. His death has deeply affected me too, even though he and I were only in touch once or twice a year. I'm sorry to see that you had a heart attack, too. I hope you're feeling well now.

Since you were wondering how I am doing, I will tell you...I'm doing just fine! I went off to college and grad school, and have been working in the pharmaceutical industry for almost 20 years now. I have been with my life partner Jenny (yes, a woman) for 17 years, and we have 2 kids, a girl 11 years old and a boy 9 years old.

How fun to see your blog. You look great! I remember how sweet and supportive you always were. There's not much else I miss about high school - I'm so glad to be a grown-up now!

Take care,

Tina

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home