Wednesday, September 07, 2005

More goodbyes

We had the viewing/visitation at the Mortuary for Laura this afternoon and the Memorial service at Adam's this evening.


At the Memorial service at Adam's, a few people shared their Laura stories with everyone. Ali started things off with a beautiful and embarassing slide show, we're sure Laura was shaking her head at us (mostly Ali) for some of the pictures, Ali then said a few words. Celia shared some stories growing up with Laura and asked everyone to share their Laura moments.

I didn't have a clue as to what to say and I wasn't all that confident that I was going to be able to say it without babbling. At times, I was jealous of the relationship my sisters had. They were closer to each other than I ever was with either of them. Well, that was to be expected, after all I was the only boy, I was the oldest and together they were more clever.

Other people went up and shared their Laura moments, like Tom from her office and there was "dancing Eric".

Afterwards, people broke up into different groups, helped themselves to an awesome buffet provided by Adam and shared more Laura stories.

I asked Adam what he wanted to do with all the leftover food. He said that he was going to give it to the homeless in the neighborhood. Stephanie, Casey and I volunteered to do that for him. It took all of 15 minutes, I wished we had more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home