Thursday, August 25, 2005

Too many scenarios... all bad

I was at a Borders last night when I noticed that I had missed a call from my mom's cell. I called and my dad answers, I only mention that because he never uses a cell phone due to his pacemaker. He said that Laura, who had to go into the hospital because of a lung infection has to undergo a "procedure" and I should get a hold of my sister Celia and to come to the hospital. I called Celia and told her I was on my way to pick her up and took off for the hospital...

So without anymore information because as usual my mom turned off her cell phone, I take off for the hospital...

So I'm driving...

I'm thinking the worst...

Has Laura's cancer gotten worse?

and I'm driving a little faster...

Will I get to the hospital in time for whatever?

so I start driving even faster...

"Angel, stop making things up in your head!"

Did I just pass a CHP?

I called my brother in law, James, he would know what was happening... voicemail (DAMN).

it wasn't a CHP...driving faster...

getting into downtown and the phone rings...

James tells me Laura developed an embolism in her lung and that the doctors were going to perform some procedure that Laura was considering not to have done. James convinced her that she had to have this procedure done. The procedure took 45 minutes and she was awake for the whole thing. It only required local anesthesia.

She was brought back to her room and we all sat with her for a while. She was aware but very tired. We all were... They say she should be able to go back home today.
From now on, the only news I will be taking on Laura's condition will come from James, Celia and everyone who is not dad. It is too much on me.. oh and the car.

1 Comments:

Blogger EARTH2IAN said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Hang in there...our prayers are with you and your family.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home