Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Full Lunar Eclipse

It took place early this morning... EARLY THIS MORNING! It started at 1:55 am and lasted well past 5:00 am. When I learned the hours of when it was going to take place, I was a little hesitant but I thought I have never seen one so I was not going to miss this one.
I was already disappointed with the last "heavenly show" so something this big shouldn't disappoint. The meteor showers a couple of weeks back produced one meteor and that was pure luck that I saw that one!
I blended a few shots together instead of loading up in individual shots of the moon. This first one was when it started.
Starting

This next series was just before it went into total eclipse.
Red Moon

By the last phase of the shot (bottom right) it was already a little after 4 am. I called it a wrap then. I'm glad I stayed up for this, it was really something. There are just some things the camera can't pick up and you have to experience it for yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angel ABC said...

Cool shots cuz!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Thanks! Still debating the "staying up late/early to watch it" decision...

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shots, I didnt have the gusto to stay up for it.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home