Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gilroy's Garlic Festival

Every year, I tell myself that I will go to Gilroy's Garlic Festival and every year I hear about it after it takes place. This year, I learned when it was taking place before it took place so...

It wasn't too hard to convince James and Tony to come along, though Grace was a little hesitant. She said, "I have nothing against garlic, I just don't know if I want to be stuck in a car with you guys for more than 4 hours!" After thinking about it, she had a point but she came along anyway.
On the way there, this car flippedin front of us. Thankfully, no one was hurt. James took this one.
GilroyTrip (1)

Once we got to the festival, we sort of had a game plan. Visit every booth we can...
GilroyTrip (3)

GilroyTrip (5)

GilroyTrip (6)

GilroyTrip (7)

GilroyTrip (8)

There were a few things that were very tasty, calamari in garlic marinara sauce, the garlic sausage sandwich, the garlic fries (hmm when did I last have that?), and of course the galic bread. You figure if the garlic bread at a garlic festival was not good, you would have to leave.
There were a few "just ok" stuff like the gator tails and these guys.
GilroyTrip (9)

James also took this one.
GilroyTrip (10)

There was a cook-off.
GilroyTrip (11)

The media. I was thinking that there was no way I would ever get that high on one of those things but in the back of my mind I was thinking "cool".
GilroyTrip (12)

Almost forgot to mention. It was HOT!!! Oh my goodness! It WAS HOT!!!
GilroyTrip (13)

I felt sorry for these guys in their black uniforms.
GilroyTrip (14)

Walking around, we found more food vendors...
GilroyTrip (16)

GilroyTrip (17)

There was another thing I wanted to try but the line was insane! There was no shade while in line and by then, I was getting ready to wimp out.
GilroyTrip (18)

On the streets before getting into the festival, there were some enterprising locals at a few intersections selling those small (9 oz) bottles of water for $1.50 each. I was wondering who would buy water for that much? Once in the festival, I see this...
GilroyTrip (22)

Once we had our fill and headed out towards the shuttle buses for the parking lot, we pass by this and almost made a u-turn.
GilroyTrip (24)

I'm glad I finally got a chance to check this out. I don't know if I would go back. It was a drive and very hot! Though we met some very nice folks from our neck of the woods while eating under one of the tents.
I'm sort of regretting not being ble to try the garlic ice cream. Maybe if the festival was moved to the fall or to Los Angeles... yeah not going to happen. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home