Monday, January 19, 2004

Here is another written long ago...

ROLES

In this world of friends and lovers
fate has given me my part,
to many hands in friendship
but never to win a heart.

Brother, pal, friend, pare.
These titles I'll proudly keep,
behind a tree, as lovers stroll by
alone, I shall weep.

But as each new adventure unfolds
I try to break from the past.
To shake the role of the longtime friend
and to be the lover at last!

These delusions, these fantasies, will never be
I know well the reasons why,
This movie, this show will last my lifetime
My part is mine 'til I die.

These words etched in my mind
as if cast upon stone.
It shall be my epitaph
that I "Died alone".


Obviously, I was not exactly cheery when I wrote this. Anyone can only guess what happened to put in such a state of mind. Every now and again the thought creeps in and I know that I have to fight it. I have to, the alternative is to give up.

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home