Friday, January 16, 2004

It's late or early, depending on how you look at it. Got back from Guppy's about 45 minutes ago and I can't sleep. I had just finished reading Valis by Philip K. Dick. It is the first of a trilogy by this author. I don't think I will be reading the last two books of the series. It was hard to finish this book, there were times where I debated whether or not to finish the book. Basically, I forced myself to finish the book and now that I am done for one reason or another I feel the need to take a bath. I really find it odd that a book can have such an effect. One part of the book that I did find interesting was a theory the narrator had about people's mental stability. "...that for each person there is a sentence - a series of words - which has the power to destroy him." Though there is also another set of words that has the power to heal that person. The thing is he goes on to say that IF a person is lucky enough that person will get the second, but they will most certainly get the first. Without any training, people know how to deal out the lethal sentence, but training is required to deal out the second, the healing sentence.
How fragile is the IS the human psyche? How big a crisis do people have to go through to have a "meltdown"? I doubt very much that the silver bullet to a person's mental stability can be a set of words so much as to what the words represented (like bad news). From the viewpoint of mental health, I guess it would take a lot of training to deal out the healing sentence. Ugh! What time is it?
Haven't got a Song of the Day yet, maybe later after a little sleep....

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home