Friday, January 23, 2004

There I finally got it done and sent everyone who worked on it at work a copy. They may not like the ending but hey where were they? I really shouldn't say that I was the one that didn't work today.

No work today, only help is from the TV,
nothing is showing but an old movie.
The gang’s mood at work is a little heavy
but they’ll see this first and that’s groovy.

A big hint is this stanza for “W”
‘cause there are no words that sound like “W”.
The only thing I can think of for “W”
is the matador’s last words, “The Bull…you…”

I should have thought more of this challenge’s vortex
it placed a strain on everyone’s cerebral cortex.
In truth except for a few the rules were not complex
just hard for letters like W, J, H but not “X”.

For some reason this last makes me think of Kauai
actually everyone should know the reason why.
I’m actually thinking of going the Hawaii
ok, I’m cheating … why, why, why?

The end is finally here and I’m getting dizzy
from all everybody shouting, my ear is buzzy.
I rockin’ and a reelin’ as if I were boozy
I hope I don’t get sick from being a little woozy.


Star Sighting:


I went to the "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" studios at the Hollywood Highland Complex in Hollywood today. My sister had business with some people from the show and asked me if I wanted to come along. I thought we were just going to meet for lunch. As it turns out I got to see Dick Clark, Sheryl Crow and Kelly Osbourne. They were guests on the show and we were "hanging out" in the Green Room. I didn't get to talk to Dick Clark and it was only "hello" with Sheryl Crow, but Kelly Osbourne was not a busy or didn't have (or need) an entourage as a buffer zone around her, she took the time to have a picture taken with my sister. Until this afternoon I never even heard of the show, they had their studio built on the Highland side of the complex and the studio has a nice "trl"- like view of Highland Boulevard north of Hollywood Boulevard.
They had set up a stage in the center of the open area of the complex for Sheryl Crow and her band to perform. She sang a couple of songs and it was very nice. There were people there who knew about the performance from the show's website, others were surprised by the whole set up. I was next to a couple who were part of a tour group from ... well... somewhere else and they were really excited that it was Sheryl Crow performing. They were saying how fortunate it was that they decided to take this particular tour instead of going to Disneyland. I just love to hear what if stories.


Memory: Going back to my Guam days again. We had a neighbor three doors down whose hobby was (for all I know still is) fishes. He had all kinds of fishes. I remember that every once in a while the kids in the neighborhood would go over to his house to check out the fish of the week or the aquarium of the month. But what I remember most was helping him build a pond in his backyard. He had actually asked my dad for help because he needed cement and other materials that my dad already had plus the tools like a cement mixer and other cool stuff I used to get in trouble playing around with them. It turned out pretty cool after a month all the plants and fishes he put in it were coming along great.

Song of the Day: "(There's Gotta Be) More To Life" by Stacie Orrico

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home