Friday, February 27, 2004

Glimpses

I didn't really have a clue as to what a best friend was or what it entailed. All I know was that he was always there when I wanted to play. At school, he always played in my team or me in his team depending on which one of us got picked first.
---

She was the first girl I knew that I didn't care she was a girl. She punched harder than most of the guys and she ran faster than any of us. She knew more things about sports than all of the guys put together or at the very least bluffed about knowing more about sports than the other guys.
---

He was one of the older kids on the block. He taught all of us kids about football. We all knew he was at least 10 years older than us, but he hung out with us anyway. Looking back he could have been such a bully, at least of the block. He definitely, was a lot bigger than all of us. But he hung out, showed us how to play football and baseball. He was like a big brother to all the guys on the block.
---

These are little glimpses of people that have made an impression in my life and for one reason or another are no longer a part of my life. Every once in a while, I will take them out of the box that is my memories. Like any treasure that has collected a little dust, I take each memory and put a bit of shine on them. I'd like to think that each of them are as fulfilled as I imagine them to be. Each of them has contributed to the person that is me and I'd like to thank them in the only way I can and the only way I know how...
To make as positive an impact to others I meet as they were to me.

Song of the Day: "The Ghost In You" by The Psychedelic Furs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home