Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Hey You're that guy!

I guess my anonymity as far as the World Wide Web is concerned is intact, somewhat. I've heard stories of people finding so much information about themselves just by entering their names in various search engines. The amount of information about themselves on the internet scared them. It got me thinking, "How much information is out there of me?" Using Yahoo, I am entry numbers 1, 2 ans 18. Using Google, I am entry numbers 3, 24 and 46. Using MSN, I only show up once at number 13. Of all the entries, the one that shows up first was from a friend's guestbook that I "signed" back in 1997. The others are work related, more like online directories. whew...

I was reading some haikus this afternoon. I thought they were very good, actually inspiring. Whether or not that can be considered a good thing I can't tell. But I am sure that the few people who do read this (all 3 of them can and will tell me if it was a good thing or not, because I am inspired to try to write... um... some. I had a problem focusing on what to write on so I left it up to Natalie. Without telling her what it was for, I asked her to give me a single word. I would then use that word as the subject of the haikus I am going to try to create.

STRAWBERRIES
Strawberrie teazers
Traci gets it at Guppy's
Who wants one, I'll buy.

Spelled here the wrong way
But Traci spells it this way
So sez Natalie.

Milkshake or smoothie
shortcake or pie, it's all good
even jam on toast.

Song of the Day: "The Way" by Fastball

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home