Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Look! In The Sky!

I love it when it rains. I love it after it rains.

I was on the way to my ESL class this afternoon when it started to rain hard. It was great. I guess I am one of those weirdos (that's a heck of an opening folks, take advantage!) who enjoy driving in the rain. The traffic slowed down to a crawl, but it didn't matter I was early. I was watching and listening to the rain hit the hood of my car and singing "Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain..."

By the time I got home, it was pretty late and the rain had come and gone. I was pretty tired, grumpy and HUNGRY (I guess that would explain grumpy). As I was walking up the driveway, I happened to notice that the sky was uncommonly bright so I looked up and there it was! Actually there they were! STARS! There were a few clouds and they were lit up very well, their "silver lining" was very prominent. Usually that would be more than enough, but NOOOOO! It was topped off by a spectacular STARS Show! The stars were so bright and there were so many of them! The last time I got this excited over seeing so many stars was when I took a drive out to Joshua Tree for a meteor shower. I was outside, standing in the driveway, gawking at the sky.

Oh and by the way, she stopped by today. She was tired and had 4 more hours of classes to go; she had nothing to eat since breakfast and was behind on some research; she didn't have a lot of makeup on (not that she needs a lot of makeup) and the wind and rain "messed up" her hair; AND her book bag is "this close" to falling apart.
All the while she is telling all this she was laughing and smiling as if she telling me a story of a fun day at Disneyland or some place similar. This girl is weird... cool.

God is good.

Song of the Day: "I Can See Clearly Now" by Anne Murray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home