Friday, August 05, 2005

Root Canal !!

One of my worst fears... the dentist. I don't know why, but I get so tense and psych myself out everytime I go to the dentist. I had to go today for the tooth I broke last Sunday. I was even considering "postponing" the trip (read: not going at all), since there was no pain involved, but that wasn't a serious thought, just entertaining the fantasy.
But I have to admit the discomfort I felt the whole time basically came from me. Casey's husband, Ben, was top notch. Though, when he first said root canal, part of me was looking at the exit. I even had a mental picture of me running out the door. After 3 1/2 hours on the chair, I had a temporary crown and just a slight discomfort along my neck and back from tensing so much, again that part was all me. I didn't feel any pain and even now that the anesthesia has worn out, the only discomfort I feel is from having to keep my mouth open for so long.
I have not been very good to my teeth and this experience is changing my attitude towards my oral hygiene. So all is good, I even had lunch with Ben and Casey before I headed back down to Los Angeles. We had baby back ribs, still being a little tentative on chewing on the left side of my mouth, but veggies and potato were no problem.
I go back the end of this month for my permanent crown... HEY! I didn't get a lollipop!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have at least gotten a few ballons so you can inhale the Helium to make funny sounds when you talk.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home