Wednesday, July 13, 2005

You Are Not Alone

I wrote this for a friend whose faith in people is taking a beating...

I see the hurt,
I see the pain.
It's not all yours
there is nothing to gain.
It's not yours to take,
it's not yours to shoulder.
They are not all that way,
so don't get colder.
It may be fear
that keeps you back,
the examples you had
show what many lack.
The walls you erect
the barriers you put up,
Keeps me away
and tells me to stop.
But I will not go
I'm here to stay,
I will wait at the gate
until that day.
The shoulder I offer
the heart and all I own.
To convince of one thing.
You are not alone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angel, did u actually write this??? Do you mind if i share it with an acquaintance of mine? let's just say that she has a negative outlook on people, both in general and in her life. i try to make a good effort to put things in perspective for her. i can't change her mind overnight, but i know i must have said something right when she comes back to me later with "you know, i agree with you!" i can only hope that bit by bit she'll become a much happier person than she is today (fingers crossed) 'cuz she is really a nice person!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Yes, I wrote it. Please share with whomever you like. That's why I put this out here. I hope it does some good. Let me know how it goes.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Actually, I did have someone in mind when I wrote this. Though I don't know if this person reads this blog.

12:20 AM  
Blogger EARTH2IAN said...

at least you're getting some poetry out of her :-)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Her? I don't know what you're talking about....




Ok, it was for a "her."

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home