Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I was talking to my sister the other day and she told me she made a list of people that she is always excited at the prospect of seeing. It doesn't matter what they have planned or if there even needs to be a plan. Just knowing that you are about to see them is an anticipation. It is funny that the dog, Flag, made her top ten. I got to thinking, what would my list look like? So I started writing one, I really got into it because before I knew it I had a pretty big list of names. Then I realized that the list had a striking resemblance to the Cornerstone directory. So I've had to revise the list and so now the folks at Cornerstone counts as one.

I have been going to Cornerstone Community Church since November of 1996. Since then I have gotten to know a lot of the people there. Some have moved on to other churches, other cities and others to another state. The thing is of all the people I have met and come to know there is this common denominator among them. To a person, I am always excited about the prospect of seeing them, spending time with them or the chance of doing something for any of them. Whether it is service, a party, a project, a dinner or just hanging out with a few at Guppy's or starbuck's, I really look forward to it.

Sometimes this group may think they are overlooked when it comes to a lot of things just because they are younger but the above especially applies to them, so here are their "props".

To the older set: I am so amazed at how all of you look out for the younger ones. You all treat each one of them as if they were your younger brothers or sisters (ok, for some of you that is the case). I also see each of you helping each other and watching out for each other, whether it has to do with helping out with someone's Spanish or websites.
To the younger set: I get excited everytime you all get excited over a new project. Whether it is taking part in a drama, dance or a new song. Something new isn't automatically countered with "no" or "I don't want to do it".

So this is my "props" for my friends, my family from Cornerstone. This coming year is going to be an exciting one for us, we'll be moving into a new facility that has so much potential for a lot of growth.So as far as the Cornerstone story is concerned it is "To Be Continued..."

Song of the Day: "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home