Monday, January 05, 2004

I heard this song the other day and it has been killing me. I do not know the name of the song or who sang it. I got home yesterday afternoon and I was taking it easy channel surfing. I got to a channel where there was a man singing a tune I vaguely recognize, so I stopped. It was a nice old tune, but before any of the words could register, the scene cut to a bus stop where one of the "stars" of the movie is coming off the bus and the music fades... argh!
So I find out the name of the movie (Duets) and I wait until the end of the movie for the credits to roll. I even set up the VCR to record it because I know that the musical credits either roll too fast or are all bunched up in two columns. Either one requires a person to be a speed reader. So, what happens? Network TV happens. Not only do they crank up the speed on the entire credits, but they shrink the credits in order to run a commercial!!! What the heck is up with that?!!!
I figure ok, no problem. I gotz skills, I can figure things out. I do a little research and I have it narrowed down to 3 songs. The listing for the soundtrack was a little help, but only a little. Hmmm... I think I spent a couple of hours on this thing.

See how dangerous a little obsession can do? I guess, I'm going to have to rent the movie. The thing is... it's not a movie I would normally rent. So this is what's going to happen. I am going to rent this movie, take it home, fast forward it to the song and see if I can get the title or hear enough to recognize the tune or fast forward to the credits and play it super slo-mo, rewind it (maybe), then finally return it. All this is going to take maybe an hour with travelling time. This blows.

Song of the Day: "Jenny (867-5309)" by Tommy Tutone

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home