Sunday, January 04, 2004

I wrote this a long time ago.

A Moment's Vision

It's that magical moment between
night and day.
The sun, with it's crown not quite
below the horizon,
and the darkness of the night has yet to fill the sky.
I stand on a cliff looking down on the world
and I see clouds that aspire to reach my height,
I see the outline of an eagle soaring below,
adding to the majesty of my vision.
Further below, I hear the mighty ocean crashing on the shore,
each wave getting louder as if in protest
of the earth's obstruction.

Suddenly,
I realize I'm not alone.
Beginning their twilight's vigil,
the stars slowly fill the sky,
each adding to the splendor of their dance.
And just as I captured the moment,
it slips from my grasp.
Though I regret it not.
For life is full of such moments.
One need just realize
them...


I wrote this a long time ago, in fact I believe it was late 1986, though I can't be too sure. I was down in Laguna Beach looking out into the ocean one afternoon. I used to go down there to "recharge my batteries" or to clear my head. I was just looking out into the ocean waiting for the sun to set and before I knew it I was looking at the reflection of the moon on the ocean. I tried to picture just when the day ended and the night began. I couldn't. So I came back the next day to see if I can capture that moment and missed it again. I came back again the next day and the day after that, but I just kept missing it. That last day, a seagull flew between these big rocks in the water just as a wave sprayed over them. I thought that was so cool. It was then that I realized what a bozo I was in trying to capture something that was going to be there everyday. So there...

Song of the Day: "Day By Day" by Najee

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home