Thursday, January 01, 2004

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to put myself "out there" again in the dating scene and I must admit I find the prospect a little exciting and a lot frightening. But lately, I've been hearing women... and I mean a lot of women ask, "How come there aren't any DECENT men OUT THERE?" What is that all about?
Now, as one of the men "out there" how am I supposed to react to something like that? What exactly does that imply? Are we, all the men, not decent? Do we not meet some sort of standard? Where and what are these standards? Is there a book or something where a bunch of minimums are written down so we as men can work towards? What exactly does DECENT mean anyway?
Decent? I would like to think I am decent. I would like to think I am excellent but then again, don't we all? Anyway, whose perceptions are we going by? As much as I dislike the label, I am a nice guy. It usually takes a WHOLE LOT to make me mad. I can think of only a handful of people who have actually seen me fuming mad.
But that's enough about me... Let's get back to the women... I've ALWAYS wanted to say that... hmmm... I guess I still haven't. So, where are these women looking that they can't find "any DECENT men" and by decent men I really mean, decent MAN... and by decent man I really mean... here it comes... ME! Are all the men they are finding a bunch of dogs? Players? Or whatever they call them these days? What are they looking at, that the un-DECENT men are the only ones being evaluated? Because if this goes on any longer, it will really mess it up for the "few" remaining decent guys out there... and by decent guys I really mean decent GUY... and by decent guy I really mean... ok ok
There is a similar statement that guys say though it isn't as all encompassing. It goes something like this, "Why is it that all the good ones are taken, married or not interested?" Hmmm... I guess that would partly explain the women's exasperation about no decent men. The guys who are saying the "not interested" part ARE the un-DECENT ones. I'm going to have to rethink this...

Song of the Day: "Got To Begin Again" by Billy Joel

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home