Thursday, January 08, 2004

Pastor Donald is in town! It is so nice to see him again. He is definitely on that list of "people I get excited at the prospect of seeing" list (Dec. 30, 2003 post). A big group from church had dinner with him tonight at the Loft in Lakewood. There's something to be said when people get together after a length of time apart and start up as if it was the next day instead of years since last they sat together. It says something about the type of relationship and the strength of the relationship. I was so happy when I heard that Donald was going to be in town.
I cannot say enough of how much Donald and his entire family mean to me. I met them at a time in my life that was very unsure. Unsure about everything. Where my place was, what my place was in this world and how I was going to get there. I had a lot to figure and plan out. Thankfully, I was able to figure out a lot of things and I truly believe I am going in the right direction. I would like to think that no matter what I was going to get to where I am at now, but in all honesty, if it weren't for Donald and his family (and a lot of other beautiful people) it would have definitely been later not sooner (or now). When he and his family left for Chicago, my consolation was all the other people at Cornerstone that he did not take with them.

Song of the Day: "Blue Collar Man" by Styx

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home