Monday, September 19, 2005

Settled in

Finally got settled in. I almost forgot how beautiful my aunt’s house is. It is in the area called Nuuanu and it is a few blocks from the old Magnum P.I. house. The house is below the street level so all you see is the roof from the street. You can’t see it from this angle but across from the front door is a pond with fishes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The backyard is even more incredible. The house is in a valley, which gives these awesome views from the back porch. This one was taken from across the pool.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the view to the left.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It took a while but I am starting to remember a lot of the things here. I am getting my bearings well enough to be driving around. Though the laid back attitude that Hawaii is sort of known for is a little hard to get used to, especially in their “traffic”. I was driving around during “rush hour”. Celia, James (my brother in law) and I were laughing at what they call traffic. For the most part, drivers are also pretty laid back here. Though they do not go out of their way, they are more than ready to let people pass, enter into traffic or stop for… well… anything.
This traffic jam… wasn’t really.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another thing, there is something else missing here...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh yeah, where is all the stuff that makes things look hazy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home