Friday, January 09, 2004

A woman was attacked by a Mountain Lion. After she was rescued, the body of a man was found nearby who officials think was killed by the same animal. I am glad the woman was rescued and I feel sorry for the man who was killed.

The thing that I find disturbing and worrying are the so-called experts that have been coming out with their "what you have to do when you see a mountain lion" advice. One of these "experts" was on one of the local news programs saying, "If you find yourself face to face with a mountain lion, you have to yell, 'I am a human, I am a human!'" WHAT!? What kind of advice is THAT? I don't care what a person yells at a mountain lion, if you look tasty, all it will understand is "I am food, I am food!"

You guys do what you want to do, but if I see a mountain lion and it is still deciding whether or not I am tasty enough for dinner, I am backing off and looking for anything I can use against it if and when it finally makes up its mind. A stick, a rock, gravel, anything! I will not waste energy trying to convince it in word it does not understand that I am not a rabbit.

Song of the Day: "An Innocent Man" by Billy Joel

[kahit na ano]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home