Sunday, April 18, 2004

Time To Go Home

All packed up and headed back home. This is the part of every vacation that I dislike the most. Not so much the thought of going back to "reality" but repacking everything I brought in the first place and everything else I've accumulated while being here. As long as I've been here, there are just some clothes that I did not wear, even though I wash everything when I get home, I still obsess over packing the dirties with the cleans.
Then there's the loading the van ritual. For some reason, loading the van for the trip back is never as easy as loading the van when the trip started. Then there's the "wiped out" and "I don't wanna go back" factors to deal with.
Berda sat in between Natalie and Traci on the trip back and she was initiated in to the Yangtze River Otter Synchronized Swim team' s Dance Troupe Off-Shoot from China. Whew! If you think that's a mouthful, you should see the jackets we're making, IT"S HUGE! Just so we can fit the name... heheh. So, Berda will be performing with them, look for their performance at a Cornerstone near you!
At the Chevron station we usually go to at Mojave, we saw a bunch of bikers stopping in for some gas. They were a fair sized group and as with most Harleys they were loud. I went up and talked to a few of them and checked out their rides. They even had a tail vehicle in case of breakdowns. It was a nice motorhome type vehicle with a hydraulic lift that opens up like a garage in the back... SWEET!
Anyway, we did the usual stop at the outlet stores at Lancaster. Then finally, at Tony's parents place, where Tony's dad always cooks up a feast for us. This year was no different. It was like another buffet. Thanks Mr. Wong!!!!
So, that's the end of Tahoe 2004.
There were many memorable moments and quite a few "Hilaring Highlights".
- Lori-isms
- Sleepless nights
- Movie night
- Buffet, buffet, buffet and buffet.
- "Let me tell you a story..."
Overall, it was a lot of fun, very crazy and yes, I can't wait to do it all again next year!

Hopefully the DVD will be ready soon!

Song of the Day: "Going Back To Cali" by LL Cool J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home