Friday, October 07, 2005

Emotional Quicksand

Confusion has set in
and we're moments from despair.
The future is as uncertain as ever
and questions long forgotten arise once again...
With no answers.
What WILL tomorrow bring?
What CAN tomorrow bring?
My abyss grows every moment,
ever stronger,
ever darker,
threatening to swallow me whole.
I don't know why I fight the darkness,
I have no reason.
I see no light to aspire to...


There have been a few times in my past that I've felt so "wrung out" that I just wanted to quit everything. I tried it once and it still comes back to me. It is really bad when I am asleep, that's why I have a habit of putting it off as much as I can.
Recent events reminded me of this old poem. I doubt I will ever return to a state that prompted me to write it in the first place. I would like to think I am wiser and much stronger in my faith. But there are times...

1 Comments:

Blogger EARTH2IAN said...

Penang's on Thursday....let's talk

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home